Leaving your dog in the care of others is always a hard prospect to deal with. Especially when that dog is more than just a pet, it’s part of your family!
Whilst you’re working, away on holiday, or just need some time to yourself. Rest assured your dog will be socialised, exercised, stimulated and above all loved whilst in my care.
Jack's Pad offers a long morning walk in Trent Country Park which provide a wonderful mixture of woodland and fields for your dog to stretch its legs and a variety of ponds to splash about in.
Shorter late afternoon walks are provided in Queens Wood, Highgate Woods and other safe parkland for daycare and boarding dogs.
Jack's Pad dog boarding and daycare offers a home from home experience in a loving environment.
Catering for all your dogs needs is extremely important and I will make sure they're relaxed and happy during their time in my care.
Having owned dogs throughout my life I am well aware of how hard it can be to find someone you trust to look after the needs of your dog.
Rest assured love and care is in abundance at Jack's Pad.
Jack's Pad services include walking, daycare and boarding.
Our walking services Monday-Friday include an extended morning walk, with limited car time spent in Trent country Park.
Jack's Pad morning walks consist of long walks ( dependent on adverse weather conditions) with lots of playtime, exercise and socialisation. Then dropped home in the afternoon for food and a well needed nap.
Our daycare services consists of pick up for the morning walk as above( area dependant)
Home in the afternoon for feeding and a wash of those muddy paws!
Then some much needed downtime until the shorter late afternoon walk before being collected or returned home.
A reliable recall is one of the most important commands to teach your dog, the other being "stay"
Effective training of these two commands are not only potentially life saving, but will also allow your dog to have more freedom and fun off lead. This will give you more confidence when faced with emergency situations.
When out walking with your dog, it is vital that you interact with your dog and be an interesting companion. Remember, there are loads of interesting distractions for your dog while on a walk, in the form of enticing smells, other dogs, squirrels and many other things.
You, have to compete with all of these if you want your dog to come to you, rather than find his fun elsewhere. This takes time, patience and good techniques!
Recall training should begin as soon as you get your puppy or new dog. This should start at home, where there are fewer distractions. If you can't achieve a reliable recall indoors, then you'll have even more difficulty when faced with distractions outdoors.
Coming back to you needs to be regarded as incredibly fun and rewarding from your dogs point of view, so lots of smiling, relaxed body language, enthusiasm, interaction with a toy and food rewards will be needed.
Courtesy of Sallie Bollans
Jack's Pad recommends Sallie Bollans Dog Trainer.
For Puppy classes and dog training contact.
T: 0208 8861560
M: 07740 867 942
Jack's Pad Boarding enables your dog(s) to have a daily routine during their time spent away from home. This involves getting extensively exercised twice a day; which includes being socialised and stimulated during the entirety of this time. Once back at the house they are relaxed and taken care of in a calm home environment and as part of the family.
Puppies are very welcome for daycare if they can manage the morning walk. If not they will be picked up after the morning walk for half daycare and can be taken out for the shorter afternoon walk before being returned home.
Please note, spaces are limited for this service
At Jack's Pad, puppies are socialised and command training based on the commands they hear at home are adhered to. We welcome puppies that are house trained.
Pet Taxi Service available
Extended morning walks, Monday- Friday in beautiful Trent Country Park.
Pick up between 9 am and 10 am
Dropped home in the afternoon for food and a much needed nap
Limited car time.
Jacks Pad takes a maximum of 6 dogs
Morning walk as above, returning afternoon to Jacks Pad Crouch End for a rinse down, food and a nap in the company of friends.
Late afternoon a shorter walk, before returning home .
Saturdays and Sundays and bank holidays will incur a £5 per day surcharge.
Daycare that exeeds 8 hours will incure a £5 surcharge
Saturdays and Sundays will incur a £5 per day/night surcharge. This rate will not apply to long stays. Boarding rates are from 9am to 9am the following day.
Boarding dogs will enjoy Jacks Pad walking and daycare services in the company of friends, as well as living in a home from home environment.
JACK’S PAD TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Jack’s Pad terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the booking and registration forms.
2. Jack’s Pad will not confirm any booking until a registration form has been submitted, accepted and reviewed by the Company and a meet and greet arranged.
3. 24hrs notice is required for all cancellations or changes to a booking; any subsequent changes/cancellations that are made will be charged.
4. A 50% deposit is required for all boarding reservations prior to your pet staying.
5. Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made immediately on receipt of the invoice via cash or bank transfer.
6. The client must provide all items necessary for your dog to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, medication, harness and collars – we provide our own personalised Jack’s Pad name tags – we also have our own leads . Should your dog require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Jack’s Pad, these will be purchased and added to the bill.
7. Whilst Jacks pad is aware accidents can happen. Dogs must be fully house trained.
8. The client must provide Jack’s Pad with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the dog(s) in an emergency. The client must also provide up to date veterinary details and medical history for use in such an emergency. If the contact is not available Jack’s Pad reserve the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and make a decision that is in the best interests of the animal.
9. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Jack’s Pad.
10. Jack’s Pad must be alerted to any behavioural problems with your pets in the registration form and at the time of the meet and greet. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract. Jack’s Pad will not take boisterous dogs that have no etiquette or training in the home.
11. Whilst Jack’s Pad holds Public Liability insurance. Jack’s Pad reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal that has aggression issues around other dogs, separation anxiety such as barking and being destructive in the house and issues with straying (this can be not coming back immediately when called on walks).
12. Jack’s Pad will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Jack’s Pad cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
13. If your dog pulls on the lead then you are required to provide a harness or head collar (e.g. Halti) before Jack’s Pad will take your dog again.
14. Jack’s Pad reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker of Jack’s Pad and/or other dogs.
15. All clients will have to sign an Off Lead Consent Form before Jack’s Pad takes responsibility of your dog
16. Jack’s Pad will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (E.g. high winds, excessive heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
17. If you are using the boarding service with Jack’s Pad a paid nights trial must be undertaken before Jacks Pad can book your dog. This is to ensure your dog is happy in his/her surroundings whilst away from home.
18. Cancellations: A period of one months notice is required for boarding during busy times such as school holidays. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.